I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Nature Journal 2013

I've spoken before on my blog about my daily walks and the nature journal I keep. I try to draw something I've seen on my walk and write about what is going on during the season each day. It has definitely made me more observant, and the walks themselves can be meditative. Anyway, I thought I'd share one page from each month this year so you can see what I'm talking about. (You'll have to click on the image to expand it if you want a larger view.)





   


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful share. I plan to read them all as time permits. Your drawings are lovely. Walking has always been such a joy for me. Special "me" time. Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. :) I definitely feel my walks are special "me" time too.

      Delete
  2. These pages are a real treasure. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Your drawings are wonderful and very inspiring and I envy your written journalingentries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! Such words from an artist in her own right are quite an honor. :)

      Delete
  3. Soulsis... You sneak! These are gorgeous! :) I wish I was as consistent with my journal as you are... I'm shockingly forgetful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend. It is nice to have an image to draw from now that I have the digital camera accompanying me on my walks! :)

      Delete
  4. My word! - these are gorgeous pictures and delightful details in prose. Like Carol, I look forward to reading these in sufficient time to savor them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! I have been amazed in the past two years (since I've been doing this) what is new even in the same general area. I've learned what I pay attention to and notice, I begin to enjoy, and what I enjoy, I am eager to protect and preserve. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete