I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Passion Plus Logic

This week I'll be using the Tyldwick Tarot, created and published by Neil Lovell. This morning's draw is the Knight of Wands:
Lovell uses fireplaces to emphasize the fiery nature of the knights, and being "fire of fire," this fellow has a lot of heat (so much that there is a heat shield in place). The two staffs with laurel wreaths and eagles indicate he has moved beyond the "learning through adventure" stage of the Page and now wants to actively follow his passion by doing something with what he's learned. The problem is this knight has so many irons in the fire, he doesn't give them the time and effort they need and ends up not finishing much of what he starts. I too can let my excitement and enthusiasm about many things keep me from accomplishing my objective. Sounds like it may be time to narrow my focus.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Antiquarian Lenormand, created and published by Maree Bento. I will be using it more as an oracle than reading it in the traditional Lenormand way. Today's card is the "Gentleman:"
The fact that this is both a man and Albert Einstein suggests looking at things from a logical, structured standpoint. Yet the Ace of Hearts associated with the Gentleman also tells me I don't need to leave behind my passion to do so. But having a system, being organized and using rational thinking may help me get a handle on some of the changes and objectives I would like to accomplish.

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen this tarot deck before
    I think we are a bit alike: wanting to do so many things and ending up thinking more about them then actually doing something; let alone finishing something. I might get blocked (anxiety) or distracted ( internet tv) To be more productive is one of my "goals" for 2014 I want to work on...(no presssure) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tyldwick is interesting in that there are no humans in any of the cards; it uses images of an old estate to illustrate each of the cards.
      We are alike - I can always find a million "important" things to do to distract me from my goals. :)

      Delete
  2. Ha, reading this reminds me to stop reading blogs, much though I enjoy them, and go do some work and some Christmas wrapping! I'll be back, though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So how's that wrapping going? :D Every year I think, "I should just buy bags at the dollar store all year long for this." The first few are kind of fun, but after that, not so much so.

      Delete
    2. I find it quite meditative, at least at the outset :) I also try to do it a bit at a time, but hey, only a couple days til Christmas now...

      Delete