I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Target Practice

From the Wildwood Tarot, the Emperor:
To be honest, when I first saw the angry expression on this Emperor's face as he stood over a cauldron, I imagined a greenman version of Chef Gordon Ramsay from Hell's Kitchen. "What in bloody hell did you put in this soup? And you think this is fit for others to eat?!" In any stable family, group or community, there is someone who looks out for the well-being of all. He may be a loving father-figure, but he's still got to be a disciplinarian too, making sure rules are followed so the cohesiveness of the group won't fall apart. He keeps self-centeredness and chaos from taking over so that everyone's needs are considered. The Emperor reminds me that structure and order aren't meant to take away my creative expression, but to provide parameters that will keep me safe and sane.

From the Shaman's Oracle comes the "Hunter of Vision:"
I doubt any experienced hunter would draw back his bow and point his arrow without a clear view of what he was aiming for. Yet hundreds of folks have creative ideas or goals they would like to accomplish but lack a vision for how they will accomplish them. What they do have is enthusiasm and passion, but they neglect the logic and planning of the Emperor. This Hunter informs me that the more prepared I am and the more precise my objectives, the more likely I am to hit my target.

4 comments:

  1. I like you sense of humor :)
    Logic and planning... I can do that, but putting it out in the material world is something else. That is something my inner emperor has to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good point - the "doing" can be the hardest part!

      Delete
  2. Funny, I'd been having exactly that problem with one notion (not even clear enough to be called an idea) for a year, and it resolved and got logically planned yesterday :) Wishing you clear vision and structure to channel your creativity!

    ReplyDelete