I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 27, 2013

Two Commitments

From the Tyldwick Tarot, the Ten of Staves:
Good grief, that is one impressive wall of firewood that someone's cut. It reminds me that after a day of sitting on my bum reading and relaxing, I have to take down the tree and decorations. But if I look at the handle and ends of several of the cords of wood, I'll see they are the color red, symbolizing what motivates me. Unfortunately, these pieces seem buried underneath the rest of the stack. Yes I have tasks and responsibilities to take care of, but the Ten of Staves encourages me to take time to do what I'm passionate about as well.

From the Antiquarian Lenormard comes the "Ring:"
The ring is a symbol of a commitment, and if not for an interesting tidbit about myself, I would think it only had to do with taking care of my duties. On my ring finger I wear two bands, the gold one that my husband slipped on my finger when we were married and a silver one I bought for myself. The silver band reminds me that though I have a commitment to my partner, I don't need to give up my interests, ideas or beliefs. Like the two rings that rest side by side, so we share a life together but also give each other room to grow in individual ways. Though I do have obligations to take care of, I must remember to squeeze in some time for myself as well.

4 comments:

  1. After my own nine of fire card, this is a welcome advice which I'll gladly follow. I will chop until I get to a red one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Make time to do something not because you have to but only because of the joy and pleasure it gives you. :)

      Delete