I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Using the Verb Form

From the Wildwood Tarot, the Two of Vessels:
Instead of people, the artist uses anthropomorphic figures for this card. Though both the animals they represent are herd animals, they are still very different. The horse prefers wide open spaces to run and the elk prefers a forest nearby in which to hide. They remind me of extroverts and introverts. But still they have found a connection that attracts each to the other. So many of my relationships seem like an attraction of opposites, but mutual respect and admiration is the glue that holds them together. Love is a verb, not just a noun.

From the Shaman's Oracle comes the "Ancestor of Hope:"
I laughed when I saw the title of this card; it refers to "the force that carries us forward." My daughter and I have to go to the Dept. of Driver Services today to renew our driver's licenses. Before, you could just do this over the internet, but because of the prevalence of identity theft, you now have to show up with a stack of documents in tow. You must have: a certified U.S birth certificate, a social security card (or tax return), and two proofs of address from a bank, government agency or place of employment. The problem is most of the "house" bills are in my husband's name (he had the house before we were married), and most of my banking and bills I pay online, so I don't get snail mail. If you've had a name change (I've had two), then you have to bring documents for that too (in my case a marriage license and an amended birth certificate). Patience is a requirement when you go to these places, because there is generally a long wait. Both my daughter and I are very different when it comes to interacting and dealing with others; I suppose we will both need to draw on the strengths we each have to get through today with our sense of composure in tact.

4 comments:

  1. My first thought was horses were latecomers to Britain. Boy was I wrong, they preceded the people by about 100K years. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love following the trivia trails your mind seeks out. :)

      Delete
  2. What a hustle for a drivers licence Here everybody has an little ID-card or a passport which will open every official door for you. Good that you can go together perhaps later on you can laugh together about it too :)

    ReplyDelete