I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dirt Clod Dharma

From the Hezicos Tarot, the Fool; from the Way of the Horse Oracle, "Dharma's Reflection:"
"Great... a suspended dirt clod with crumbling edges. Probably sharp, jagged rocks below that ground cover."
You don't have much trust or sense of adventure.
"I'm a realist. Who are you?"
Would you believe a deity or angelic-like being?
"Only if you could snap your fingers and instantly connect this piece of terra firma with its mother ship."
You can just think of me as your higher self then. How about I share some dharma with you?
"Is that like a Snickers bar? I am kind of hungry..."
No, it is teachings about truth - this particular set I'm going to tell you about is called the Four Reflections.
"Will it be useful for my present situation?"
Dharma is always practical. The Four Reflections state: 1) Life is precious; 2) Everything is impermanent and changing; 3) Our thoughts, words and actions have consequences - so it's a good idea to be mindful and not reactive; 4) Our suffering is caused by a constant desire for stability in an unstable world.
"So you're saying I should quit whining and fretting because things will change eventually. What am I supposed to do while I'm waiting?"
Enjoy the beautiful view from here.

2 comments:

  1. Great dialogue. I wonderful way of discovering what message this card has for you today.
    And did you relax and enjoy the view ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One hour's worth of sleep does strange things to the brain (hence the unusual dialogue :D). I am trying to relax but it's hard to take my mind off those crumbling edges... But I do know it's a new day and a new story.

      Delete