I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Two Ends of the Spectrum

From the Tarot of the Crone, the Priestess; from Transforming Dragons, "Spedonco:"
Whenever I draw the High Priestess, I think of stillness and receptive listening - basically tapping into my higher self rather than my ego. But my ego can be louder and more annoying than Gilbert Gottfried, so I have to figure out what noise is coming from it and what wisdom is coming from my higher self. I have a list of qualifiers I go through now as a test. My ego is manipulative (loves to shame) and feeds on cravings and fears. My higher self is compassionate and operates on unconditional love. My ego is completely self-centered and thinks everything is an emergency situation. My higher self is concerned about everyone's welfare and speaks calmly and softly.
The big bulging eyes of Spedonco made me think he's had way too many cups of coffee this morning. He is indeed running on adrenaline, yet not the kind that comes from caffeine but from fear. It seems this is what the ego will use to attempt to drown out any message I might get in that quiet, still place. Maybe earplugs will work.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bev this is great! I've copied this list in my journal. Sometimes it is so easy to think your ego is your intuition talking:To think fear based thoughts are premonitions :D
    But when you compare their characteristics the difference is so crystal clear
    This will be very helpful
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had lots of experience thinking what I heard was wisdom when it was only fear; this list came from a lot of trial and error situations. :D I'm glad you find it helpful!

      Delete