I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, January 5, 2015

If You're Breathing, You're Moving

From the Motherpeace Tarot, the Wheel of Fortune; from the Toltec Oracle, "Ollin:"
          The creators of the Motherpeace use symbols from various goddess cultures to represent the zodiac instead of the usual astrological glyphs. Rather than focusing on the ups and downs of life, they suggest each "station" holds the potential for insights; if we choose to embrace them, it will prove fortunate for us. This card fits perfectly with the one from the Toltec Oracle - Ollin, a symbol of movement. For the Toltecs, movement was an expression of life - to move was to be alive. Sanchez writes, "The only truth that remains is that nothing remains, everything is always change, movement." I can argue with reality or I can learn and adapt. Cycles and movement are natural; they remind me I am a part of this great adventure called life.

5 comments:

  1. I like how this wheel doesn't distinguish the good from the bad times. As you say it is just life moving in spirals and cycles. Personally I think it is a comfort to know change is inevitable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the idea that there is potential benefit regardless of whether the immediate experience is pleasurable or uncomfortable. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this Wheel of Fortune card from the deck. I've learned if I can fully live in the moment with a positive attitude and embrace change rather than resist it, things certainly go a lot smoother and I am much happier with my past and future. The only thing that doesn't change is change, so we might as well go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if I don't embrace it, if I can just let it "be" instead of fighting it, things are smoother! :)

      Delete