I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

An Option to Diversify

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Nine of Coins; from the Day of the Dead Lenormand, "Crossroad:"
          This woman isn't just hanging out in her garden, she has become a part of what she grows. She definitely has a gift for doing it well. Think of the names Jerry Garcia, Bill Gates and Hilary Clinton; I automatically associate them with occupations - music, computers, politics. Yet I am sure they each have more facets to their lives, many more interests or hobbies. Is it a good thing to become so involved in what you do that it becomes your identity? I suppose it would depend on your choice.
          Just the image of Crossroad brings to mind decisions, options and alternatives. Another keyword I came across for this card is diversification, one that I feel works well with the Nine of Coins. This tarot card reflects a time when hard work has paid off, enabling a person to enjoy additional ways to spend his or her time other than work. It's time to loosen up, have some fun and enjoy the wonders of life while there's still time. That Ten of Coins will be here before you know it.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of how often we identify ourselves too with our profession or job.
    I love this Card. Having the possibility to do what you love isn't always an option so loving what you do might be a way get you in a nine of coins situation too.Today is a day of leisure for us, which makes me feel like this woman a lot. we don't need much funds to feel rich:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's easy to feel trapped in any role (not just a job) such as a mother, wife, caretaker, etc. and feel like we don't have any options. Sometimes you just have to look for those small cracks of space to do what makes you happy. :)

      Delete