I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Controlled Intensity

This week I'll be using the Tabula Mundi Tarot (Nox et Lux edition) with its companion book Book M: Liber Mundi; both were self-published by M.M. Meleen. I'll pair with it the Universe Cards, a set created by Kay Stopforth and published by Thorsons. Today's draws are the Seven of Wands and Neutron Star:
          In the history of Chinese culture, the dragon represented the emperor and the tiger stood for those who did not want to be held hostage by his rule. The pair symbolize a struggle to re-balance power rather than let only one hold the reins. No matter what we try to do, if it is out of bounds from what is considered normal or average, there will be push-back. The keyword for this card is 'valor' and Meleen offers the advice to "take courage amidst opposition." The Neutron Star is created when a giant star (much bigger than our Sun) explodes. The core collapses to form a small but extremely dense center made up of neutrons. One handful of its matter would weigh as much as a fleet of ships. It's no wonder Stopworth has assigned this star the keyword 'intensity.' Intensity is useful, but must be carefully balanced. As an example, consider the difference between a specified, military missile strike and carpet bombing. When trying to hold my ground and do things the way I intend, I need to make sure I don't set fire to everything - the project, my relationships and the trust of my backers.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I'vevseen that card before interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her decks. I blame my loss of interest in the Thoth on her work. :)

      Delete