I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 12, 2024

No Gold in this River

From the Spacious Tarot, the Eight of Cups; from the Phenomena Oracle, Decompose:

There ain't no gold in this river
That I've been washin' my hands in forever
~Adele

The heart often pulls us in a new direction, but it can take our mind some time to catch up. We drag our feet, rationalizing that we've invested too much time and energy into a job or project or have too long a history with a person to give up. But the heart knows that if we have not found fulfillment by now, we likely won't in the future. It's time to move on before we miss the opportunities that are waiting for us that may bring us contentment and meaning. The Decompose card is a reminder that everything will break down at some point, but it will provide the nutrients to grow something new. Knowing what doesn't work can help guide us towards something that will.


2 comments:

  1. You know, don't you, that I'm coming to your card interpretations as if opening a book to a page that will have a message for me. Thank you. I draw my own "What do I need to know?" cards too, but on days when I haven't taken the time to do it, there you are!

    ReplyDelete