I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 8, 2024

A Bit Crumbly

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Five of Earth (Pentacles); from the Bird Cards, Tropicbird:



Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. ― Marcus Aurelius

The Five of Earth indicates a change that brings disruption and imbalance after stability; it's no wonder why its keyword is insecurity. After a scan last week, I was alerted by my physician that I had osteoporosis in my femurs and hips - even though I am active, a nonsmoker and eat well. I immediately began to feel like that nibbled corn and broken basket. The Tropicbird, a seabird with elongated tail feathers, is built for life on the wing. Because their legs are located far back on their body, walking on land is difficult and forces them to use a shuffling gait. Its message is to use the resources we have (including logic) to do what we can. It might not change the facts, but it can give us some options to deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment