I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Difficult Decisions

From the Anna K Tarot, the Two of Swords; from the Meditation Cards, Distractions:


The best thing about making difficult decisions is that you get to be wrong on your own terms.
— Anonymous

This fellow is in a place of stasis, unable to move backward or forward. He's got to make a decision, but neither choice is ideal. It is a "caught between a rock and a hard place" position that seems to have no solution. I understand his confusion. I had a horrible, long-lasting reaction to some osteoporosis pills, yet now my doctor wants me to try an infusion (same family of drug but given once a year). I know this would probably help the problem, but once bitten twice shy, as they say. Distractions show cats climbing all over a meditator. When there's a tough choice to be made, being distracted by a multitude of difficulties can keep us from making a rational decision. If we can let things settle down, both within us and around us, it might help us see the better choice. In the words of John Tarrant, "Abiding nowhere, the heart comes forth."


No comments:

Post a Comment