I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, September 19, 2026

When the World is Too Much with Us

From the Ferret Tarot, the Fool; from Nature's Wisdom Oracle, the Lotus:



There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go. —Jean Paul

The Fool asks us to live lightheartedly, bringing a sense of newness to our perspective and unencumbered by conventional thinking. Frankly, this morning I feel stressed and worn out; to use Wordsworth's line, the world is too much with me. Yet I am reminded by the Lotus, that starts in the mud and muck and moves slowly towards the light, I too have tools to use. I can start with my senses; feeling a breeze, listening to the birds. I can notice neutral moments, when I'm at peace. I can dig into my spiritual toolbox of principles and practices. And I can find joy in small, imperfect activities. My latest bit of enjoyment has been creating small watercolors of my cats as literary characters (that matches their personality). And so, I present to you, Tad as Puss in Boots; Fig as John Blacksad, P.I. (graphic novel); and Lia as Graymalkin (witch's cat in MacBeth):







2 comments:

  1. Priceless characters! You are brave to paint cats. (J)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't tell the kitties so they don't get swelled heads! :D

      Delete