From the Granny Jones Tarot, the Nine of Cups; from the Button Oracle, Reindeer:
The point of joy isn’t to fix your life. It’s to remind you that your life isn’t only made of suffering.
—RJ Starr
Granny's Nine of Cups shows that emotional fulfillment can be about more than triumphs for the ego to roll around in. It can be about simple pleasures and comforts as well. This morning I sit at my computer with a hot cup of coffee in a house that was undamaged last night. After the destruction caused by the last hurricane that came this way, I fully expected to hear tornado sirens and trees crashing against the house all night long. And so, I'm reveling in the simple things I do each morning that I normally take for granted. Reindeer are thought of as guides for Santa, but in several northern indigenous cultures, reindeer serve as spiritual guides. This animal takes us through a doorway of new understanding - allowing us to fully enjoy wonderful moments rather than worrying about how long they will last. As RJ Starr writes, "Trust the rhythm. Even if joy leaves, it’s not gone. Even if it fades, it’s not a failure. You didn’t waste it. You didn’t ruin it. It simply passed through. And it will pass through again."


Glad you're through it without damage.
ReplyDeleteSo true -- a bit of sunlight, a quirky story on the radio, a young deer risking on the lawn -- so many little joys to be had.
Frisking-- damn text correct! lol
ReplyDelete