I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bring It On

From the Anna K. Tarot, the Fool:
I love the unbounded joy on this youngster's face, and the fact that he is barefoot. He wants the full sensual and intellectual experience - sand spurs and soft clover, bewilderment and bliss. Klaffinger describes his "mental suppleness," his relaxed way of looking at things with no preconceived ideas or expectations. The Fool fits nicely with the Lojong slogan I've been studying, "In post-meditation, be a child of illusion." A young child looks at this ever-changing world with wonder; there are no labels from the past to be stuck onto the present moment. Just soak up the here and now, knowing it will shift and change like the breeze.

From the Green Man Tree Oracle comes "Gorse - Onn:"
The yellow blooms of the gorse reflect the energy and enthusiasm of the Fool above. Laurie explains Onn is likely related to the Old Irish word for the sole of the foot, fonn. Its other meaning - "wheel" -comes from the word ogam "helper of horses." With this information, I can see an even deeper connection to the Fool as the paths I take as I journey through life. In what direction is my mindset leading me? Am I traveling the path of the "child of illusion" or the road of the "adult of prudence and practicality?" I wonder if there is a trail somewhere in the middle.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to find the middle way too, but for today I am going to follow this lovely fool. Since I've pulled a somewhat dreary card for today I am going to borrow your fool's energy to burn my wands :D

    ReplyDelete