I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 15, 2014

New Wineskins

From the Gill Tarot, the Two of Cups:
At first glance, there only appears to be one cup on this card - until you see the shape created by the two faces. I got an email the other day in which a friend stated, "Contentment can be solitary but happiness by nature is, at a minimum, plus one." It is such a blessing to find a person with whom you connect on a deep level, whether that connection is a love for each other, a shared hobby or a common cause. When it is born of mutual respect, this kind of love is strong and resilient; it can traverse the mountains and valleys of life, benefiting both of the travelers.

From the oracle deck The Circle comes "Beginnings:"
For some reason, a bible verse in Matthew 9:17 popped into my head when I saw this card: "Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved." Each person is unique, and therefore each relationship as well. I can't possibly try to fit one into the pattern or mold of another. Time to work on building new foundations and parameters instead of relying on old ones.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! this two of cups is such an encouragement to share feelings and interest. I've been experiencing the beauty of sharing thoughts and feelings about tarot since I am blogging. The depths are deeper the highs are higher :)
    My personal interpretation of the cards is so much more profound since I writing about it and sharing it online :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something powerful about writing it down, isn't there? I too find that as I'm typing up something about a card, more seems to be revealed. :)

      Delete