I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, May 16, 2014

Cutting Through Clouds

From the Gill Tarot, the Princess (Page) of Swords:
This young woman has parted the clouds and the winds with her sword. Symbolically, this card represents a search for clarity, truth and knowledge. I recently acquired a book by Kate Warwick-Smith, The Tarot Court Cards, due to an enthusiastic recommendation by Prince Le Normand. Warwick-Smith assigns this Page as "Student" in her Supporter role and "Dabbler" in her Detractor role. The Student brings clarity with questions, and knowledge through a constant flow of ideas. But as a Dabbler, she becomes a workshop junkie or perpetual student who never dives deeply into what she learns; she may arrogantly think she knows something about everything, yet her knowledge is only superficial. I'll be teaching my last meditation class tonight for the group I've been leading for over a month now. It is my purpose to bring information to others, though with Gill's keyword of "control" on this card, it sounds like there may be some clouds and big winds to deal with. I get the feeling I may find myself "herding cats."

From the oracle deck The Circle comes "Signal:"
Both this card and the one above have a light shining through dark clouds. Perhaps tonight in class I will be able to clear up some misunderstandings about meditation. But the title on this image also encourages me to pay attention and be aware of what I may overlook if I rush through. In groups, there are always people who ask lots of questions and talk at length, but there are folks who are more reserved and hesitate to speak up. I will try to pay special attention not only to what is being said, but also to those who are silent.

3 comments:

  1. "I will try to pay special attention not only to what is being said, but also to those who are silent" That's the spirit of the true teacher! I think you will do great.
    I love how those two cards combine today. The princess of swords as a student/scholar seems more apt than the princes of pentacles.
    Is the book worth the buy in your point a view (I know PLN loves it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. :) I tend to be one of those more reserved folks in large groups, so I can relate well to them.
      If you like books that offer some structure, I think you might like this one. For each court card, she offers four categories: Supporter, Detractor, Resource and Challenge - which serves to give a balanced view (positive and negative) of each one. But to be honest, I haven't read any of the first chapters (so I couldn't comment on them), as I jumped right to the card section. :D

      Delete
    2. I will keep it on my wishlist . I still have some unfinished books to read :D

      Delete