I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Choosing a Road

From the Da Vinci Enigma Tarot, the Way-shower (Star):
Da Vinci drew many sketches of St. John the Baptist, perhaps because he was the patron saint of Florence. John was the forerunner for his cousin Jesus, for whom he prepared the way. He was the pre-modern GPS, who attempted to help others navigate a new spiritual path. Although he might offer guidance, John was merely a messenger. Yet the Way-shower reminds me that hearing the message and understanding it is not enough; I must also walk the road.

From the Insectorum Divinorum comes "Swarm:"
A swarm is a the collective behavior of an insect group moving en masse. The behavior might be triggered by migration, mating or the start of a new colony.  Locust swarms can number in the hundreds of millions, with densities of up to 500 tons of locusts per square mile. This card warns me that it is not always in my best interest to follow the group or maintain the status quo. Independent, critical thinking might show that breaking away from the herd is the way I need to go.

4 comments:

  1. I'v never been one for the herd too. Even as a child I liked to play alone from time to time. Breaking free is my life's lesson I suppose. Following my own Star and walking my own path while reaching out to others who are going in the same direction
    My, my, how I love reading your blog every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Elllen))) Thank you for your friendship and for your words of wisdom and kindness!

      Delete
  2. Hi thesycamoretree! I agree with you, we have to walk the way too, and sometimes we need to do it alone, to make our own road, by ourselves, and not according to what people or crowds say nor stick to lines somebody draw, it's our experience, these are some of the things that make us unique, be ourselves. A kiss and Muchas Estrellas!!!!
    Beautiful decks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Las Magas, sometimes we must take a unique path alone. :) Thanks for dropping by - big hug to you!

      Delete