I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 11, 2014

If a Mama Bird Can Do It...

From the Gill Tarot, the Seven of Swords:
There is a lack of contrasting colors in this image, making the swords almost blend in with the background. It made me think of the phrase "trying to find a needle in a haystack." No wonder Gill gives it the subtitle "Uncertainty." That feeling of limbo is an uncomfortable place to be, and it may tempt me to create certainty where there is none. In order to have a mental map and direction, I might state assumptions and opinions as truth when there are no facts to back them up. I might use results as a way to justify the not-so-nice actions I employ to reach that end. I may even use words to imply something that isn't real, a half-truth that could be used to manipulate others. But doing any of these will only create chaos and resentment; I'll wind up with way more problems than just the uneasiness caused by uncertainty.

From the oracle deck The Circle comes "Fertility:"
The nest and egg suggest possibility and potential, yet things are still in the incubation stage. Sometimes answers, solutions and plans take time to develop. Patience is required even though some discomfort may be involved with the wait. This card encourages me to sit lightly, stop being so neurotic, and give that egg a chance to hatch out on its own.


4 comments:

  1. Then we can do it too :D
    It is always difficult to live with uncertainty. That's how we've become masters in creating illusions.
    Just sitting, waiting for what happens and expecting the best possible outcome is an act of great courage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard for me to sit and do nothing (even when there is nothing I can do). But if I try to force something to happen, I usually end up with a bigger mess!

      Delete
    2. a thoth based deck I missed somehow.

      Delete
    3. Yes, this is one of my favs in that category. :)

      Delete