I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Toe-stubbing Stones

From the Anna K. Tarot, the Nine of Pentacles:
A well-dressed woman sits on the edge of a well; Kleffinger describes this image as picturing both outer (gown, jewelry) and inner (well) wealth. I've had a "stone" that I've been stumping my toe on daily, one of those worrisome thoughts about managing life. Then yesterday, something changed. Instead of feeling relief, I've created a different though similar stone to place in my path. This woman reminds me that if every possible physical need in my life is taken care of (and most are) and I still maintain a mindset of "lack" rather than "abundance," it will all be for naught. Those toe-stubbing stones should be used for skipping across ponds, not weighing down my life.

The card from the Green Man Tree Oracle today is "Elder - Ruis:"
Ruis literally means "red," and so Laurie asks in regard to this ogham, "How do my passions help or harm me?" Is my face red from working hard or laughing hard? Or is it red from shame, anger or frenzied worry? My passion is what fuels my life's energy and gives me purpose and meaning. Using it for worthless, unproductive reasons is like firing up the barbecue grill and letting the coals burn without cooking anything. Both the Nine of Pentacles and Elder suggest I make better use of my energy.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your own advise to reflect on where you've put your energy in good use in the past is in place here. I think you will be surprised by what you will come up with. And then you can sit beside your well and be proud for what you've done already and be confident for the days to come
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right; I much prefer to look with excitement and confidence to the days ahead than with dread and worry!

      Delete