I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Refilling Dry Wells

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Two of Swords; from the Kuan Yin Sticks, Verse 25:
          A blindfolded woman hovers above rocky waters; the banner above the two crossed swords she holds is blank. When my adrenaline is pumping, it can feel like I need to make an important decision NOW. Yet if I am physically tired, emotionally drained or don't have enough information, I can make a disastrous choice. Michelle Obama, when asked about her husband being a possible assassination target replied, "You can't make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen." There are times when the best choice I can make is to wait before deciding anything. Otherwise, my mind will be tainted by anxious projections of the future. The waning crescent on the woman's shield suggests there is little light for seeing clearly at present. But if she's patient, that moon will shine brightly once more.
          The 25th Verse reads:
The crisis has passed. A broad mind can work out an effective solution, just as an old, dry well is once again replenished with spring water.
When my mind has been hijacked by emotion, whether anger, grief or fear, my world becomes very small. Possibilities, once as wide and spacious as the sky, get reduced to the size of a thimble. If I am aware this has happened, I can pause instead of react. Instead of writing story lines around what is, I can take the Two of Swords advice and wait until the stormy waters have calmed. Then my mind will become wide open again, able to see the potential in whatever situation is in front of me.
*Kuan Yin artwork created by Sue Halstenberg

5 comments:

  1. Most of the the time in the morning my well is clear and fresh, so that would be the best time to make decisions. Why o why can't my loved ones remember that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how people from the same household have different times of the day when their energy and clarity of mind are at their peak? Like you, I'm a rooster. :D

      Delete
  2. Hehe, I'm a rooster, too, but a quiet one who doesn't want to talk to anyone until about 10 and coffee has been consumed.

    This is another good pairing. I'm enjoying these.

    ReplyDelete