I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, March 23, 2017

As Good As It Gets?

From the Animal Totem Tarot, the King of Pentacles; from the Organic Oracle, Sharpened Focus:
          Anyone who's seen a bison up close for first time generally can't help but be struck by its massive size. Hunted to near extinction, today it still roams and manages to thrive even in harsh environments with extreme temperatures. The bison's message is that until we get out of the past or future and into the here and now, this is as good as it gets. This King asks, "How can you tap into the talent and potential that is currently at your disposal?" The Sharpened Focus card started as a white blob of paint that was heated with a hot air gun and overlaid with ink. The contrasting colors make it possible to see the texture of the dried paint - the miniature hills, divots and crevices. It's like looking at the fur of the bison up close; from afar, it appears soft and smooth, but up close you see just how thick, shaggy and woolly it is. Both cards suggest I look at what is under my nose, paying close attention to detail. Today is where I'll find the opportunities I seek.

10 comments:

  1. I saw my first bison in Yellowstone national park two years ago. Magnificent. Except for the shedded patches and the ticks or chiggers. Sometimes, close up is more than we need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying how the oracle cards were created

      Delete
    2. I suppose I should have clarified: when I meant 'close up' I meant in real life as opposed to a book or TV. :D
      She actually had her own set of meanings for the cards, but I've ended up using my own meanings for many of the cards based on how she created them.

      Delete
  2. Both decks go perfectly together or you are one H*ll of a reader.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I focused on the king's crown on the horn of the buffalo. The buffalo once held dominion over the plains and then was all but gone. Hold lightly to that which we own and enjoy it while you can as soon it could be no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what struck me too - wearing his crown lightly

      I agree with Sharyn hearing how the oracle was created is magical. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Holding on lightly is good advice, because everything will change eventually.
      I'm amazed she came up with so many ideas, and it has helped me with my own set of meanings. :)

      Delete
  4. You'll be wanting the Schleich Bison figure I expect...

    (I have one, she waves enthusiastically!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've got to send you a picture of a 'refurbished' jaguar my friend who did the oracle painted. :)

      Delete