I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wrap It Up

From the Touchstone Tarot, the King of Coins; from the John Waterhouse Oracle,  A Sick Child brought into the Temple of Aesculapius:
          I'm a bit miffed today after corresponding with my lawyer (for the accident I was involved in on the first of July last year). I have several large medical bills still in limbo, waiting to be paid. The problem is that two of the folks I owe (the hospital and the chiropractor) are places I depend on when I get sick or injured. When I had the allergic reaction to poison ivy several weeks ago, I had to go to a walk-in clinic to be treated instead of my usual doctors. The lawyer wants to get the most money he can out of the settlement, while I just want to pay the bills and get on with life. I told him that in an email yesterday. Like the King of Coins, I like my debts to be settled rather than hanging over my head. Even though most of the physical injuries have healed, the emotional healing can't happen until all the paperwork and settlement is complete. I'm beginning to think hiring a friend to do this wasn't the best idea!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just want to be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends are often not able to remain objective in cases like this. I hope you will be able to leave it soon behind you so you can move forward again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might be more of an acquaintance than friend when all this is over. Not that I would speak disrespectfully, but I am determined to be honest about how leaving this hanging is affecting me!

      Delete
  3. You're the client and you've instructed. Hope it gets wrapped up soon.

    ReplyDelete