I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Conflict, Change and Reason

From the PetraK Tarot, the Five of Wands; from the Astrodice, Uranus-Capricorn-7th House:
          This painting doesn't have the combative feeling of most Five of Wand cards. The gentle undulations of the water between the posts seem more like a calm discussion between folks who care about each other. Instead of being argumentative, there is more brainstorming and sharing the pros and cons of the situation. From the glowing center pole, it appears a solution or strategy has been reached. In the Astrodice, the radical change of Uranus meets with the orderly progression of Capricorn in the House of Relationships. I got a phone call last night, one that took the breath right out of me. It is definitely a Five of Wands situation with an ending that left my heart aching for everyone involved. Hopefully I can be a calming (orderly rather than impulsive) influence on the parties involved.
If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins. — Benjamin Franklin
~~~
Resolving conflict is rarely about who is right. It is about acknowledgment
and appreciation of differences. — Thomas Crum

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you've got bad news. Hopefully you will be able to keep hold of your reins and give others and yourself the comfort and support needed in this situation.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hate being in the middle of things, as I truly care about both parties in this situation. But perhaps bringing calm and compassion to the table is what everyone needs right now.

      Delete
  2. A life lesson that took me a long time to learn was to allow people the courtesy of their choices, whatever decisions they made. Once I got the hang of it not butting in was a brilliant solution. Although keeping my lips buttoned is a life long task

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case I am obligated to be "in it," but not obligated to "fix it."

      Delete