I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Light in the Darkness

From the PetraK Tarot, the Ace of Wands; from the Astrodice, Moon-Aquarius-1st House:
          This intricately decorated wand provides a light in the darkness. It is that moment of insight or inspiration when a person says, "Now I know how I'm going to do this!" Notice that the wand does not burn down like a candle; the potential and creativity held within never gets used up (though an opportunity for putting it to use might come and go). The Astrodice pairs the receptive intuition of the Moon with the humanitarian logic of Aquarius. These meet in the House of Personal Character - how one meets and moves with what life presents. The wand can be seen as a scepter for ruling my own life. Being receptive and open can help me be more creative and solve more problems, while objective altruism can help me apply it to benefit many rather than just myself. This is not supposed to be an ego thing, but simply a means to help others find their way out of life's dark tunnels.
Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative
altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

6 comments:

  1. As soon as altruism becomes an ego thing we are missing its purpose entirely. This reminds me of the Pharisees who gave money to the poor where everybody could see them

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wand to help light the way to our 'true north.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the ace of Wands is the whole entrance to the thoth world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Root of the Powers of Fire - the Tree of Life aflame. :)

      Delete