I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 14, 2017

Some Laws are Higher than Others

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Emperor; from the Post-psychedelic Cypberpunk, the Wizard:
           Oh ho, this Emperor looks as if he will not stand any foolishness with his stern face, pointy finger and big boots. I can almost feel that boot on the back of my neck as I imagine him saying, "If you cross this line, you will be sorry!" I understand that leaders set boundaries and make laws for a reason (a world run on emotion alone would soon be chaos), but it helps to know what underlies those rules to make me want to stick to them. "Because I said so," is not going to be motivation enough. The bright-eyed wizard is a quite a contrast to the no-nonsense Emperor. Falkov says that the Wizard is skillful at using resources to shape reality, but soon finds that the world pushes back. Even the earth has natural laws to keep things in balance.
We have all grown up, one might say, thinking of nature as an
adorable, helpless bunny that some people want to protect and
others, motivated by the will to power... want to stomp into
a bloody pulp just to show that they can. Both sides are mistaken,
for what they have misidentified as a bunny is one paw of a sleep-
ing grizzly bear who, if roused, is quite capable of tearing both sides
limb from limb and feasting on their carcasses. The bear, it must be
remembered, is bigger than we are, and stronger. We forget this at
our desperate peril. ― John Michael Greer

2 comments:

  1. Our World at least the US right now seems to be running on emotions and it is going to get us in trouble. Though I don't care for a stern Emperor or a King like I drew, we could use a bit of heavy handedness here. I am afraid to say that because the heavy hand might end up being Putin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be good with a leader who had a firm hand, compassionate heart and some common sense!

      Delete