I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Stoking the Inner Fire

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Queen of Wands:
This queen oozes confidence, and her red cloak and the bonfire in the background tell me she is a woman driven by passion. She has charisma, but she's also a bit intimidating - heck, even the Scottish wildcat cowers under her chair. Her strong will makes me think of Boudicca, queen of the Iceni tribe. When Boudicca's husband died, his rule should have passed to his daughters. But the Romans decided to take their land for themselves and had Boudicca flogged. Then they made her watch as her daughters were raped. These Romans had to be the stupidest men ever; if you want to stoke a woman's anger hotter than the fires of hell, just go harm what she loves. Boudicca rallied not only her own tribe but others as well. She must have been quite a powerful leader to convince them to fight against the immense Roman army. And although she didn't win the final battle, she put enough of a dent in the Roman armor to make a name in history. The Queen of Wands encourages me to draw on my inner fire and follow my passion; if I'm eager and enthusiastic, I'll find people to support me in my endeavor.

From the Druid Animal Oracle comes the "Air Dragon:"
The elemental dragons in this deck remind me a lot of the aces in tarot. This particular dragon represents the massive potential of the intellect and communication. The lightning in the background illuminates the dark night and symbolizes clarity. The Air Dragon encourages me to make sure the words I use to explain my ideas are easily understood. I don't need to impress anyone with my knowledge; sometimes a simple and direct approach is the best way to get my point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment