I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 15, 2016

Productive Schedules

From the Mary-El Tarot, the Queen of Disks; from the OH Cards, Schedule/Lie:
          White writes that the Greeks and Romans thought diamonds were the tears of gods. Actual tears contain a substance that our body needs to control fluid balance and keep our muscles and nerves working correctly - salt. And such a valuable substance is descriptive of this Queen, who might be known as the "salt of the earth." Reliable and resourceful, she creates environments where people and things can grow strong and be productive. Her kindness is shown in how she protects the well-being of those in her care.
          If you have a job or are responsible for people, it's impossible not to have at least a loose schedule. Appointments, meetings, gathering and dispersing resources must all be done in a timely manner. Even the simplest of things, like keeping your houseplants watered, have repercussions when ignored or forgotten. But the word card "lie" has implications for basing my life around tight, inflexible scheduling. I might be more productive this way, but probably not very kind. It's the people and other living things that are important, not the schedule itself. I need to make time for interruptions too.

4 comments:

  1. I took me a while before I noticed the Garden in the background and I love how the queen has become part of the natural world. I don't think we can live without schedules in this time and age. And also now I am gradually approaching 60 I am glad to have some paper backup of my memory :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of memory backups... A friend with a smartphone has about 16 daily alarms that go off to keep her on schedule! :)

      Delete
  2. I mentioned to my younger sister the other day that I thought I was losing my mind. She told me it was because I am trying to fit to much in my schedule; playing catch up to those 2 years of recovery. And I shed a tear for then and now. Life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a strange bubble to live in when you've gone through something traumatic. It feels like the world should stop turning, and it's always a shock to me that the rest of life goes on. Catching up (or fitting back in) to that flow can be pretty challenging. (((C)))

      Delete