I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 11, 2016

Get to the Point

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Ten of Swords; from the Rumi Cards, "After Enduring:"
          I had to smile when I saw that I drew this card - I have an appointment with my chiropractor today. Besides pointing out the obvious, it illustrates well my tendency to overthink things while analyzing a situation. I like to look at a problem or challenge from multiple angles, do research and devise a strategy. Unfortunately all that intellectual effort doesn't really get much done in the real world. It makes me think of comedian Steven Wright's statement: "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." Sometimes my best thinking is like a dog chasing its tail; the wisest action I could take would be to get an outside, objective opinion. Rumi's quote says, "You'll only enjoy the City and your relations after enduring the griefs and ordeals of exile." The Sufi poet points out the habit of humans not to appreciate something until we don't have it. That would include the ideas of others rather than just my own. The booklet for this deck suggests, "After all you have been through, joy and prosperity will taste even better." And I bet I won't take them for granted so easily either.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better and the bone cracker gets you aligned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully he will take a more gentle approach than usual! :)

      Delete
  2. I never liked going to the chiropractor (those awful sounds) but he did work wonders.
    I'll bet you appreciate your suppleness a lot now :)
    Take care my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I know at my age there will be some normal aches, but to have even the most basic tasks cause back spasms and pain - ack! I will definitely appreciate his help! :)

      Delete