I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Can't Dam the Flow

This week I'll be using the Navigators of the Mystic Sea Tarot, created by Julia Turk and published by U.S. Games. The other deck I'll be drawing from is the Celtic Lenormand, with artwork by Will Worthington and booklet by Chloe McCracken; it was also published by U.S. Games. Today's cards are the Ten of Pentacles and Flowers:
          The couple in the Ten of Pentacles card watch as the river with coins flows down to them. Did they dig this path to enjoy this abundance? This card reminded me of John Michael Greer's book Mystery Teachings from the Living Earth which describes the Seven Laws of Nature. The Law of Flow states: "Everything that exists is created and sustained by flows of matter, energy, and information that came from the whole system to which it belongs and that return to that whole system." Greer explains that accumulation is increase without flow; unchecked it will destroy the system in which it takes place.  As a result, systems respond to accumulation with responses that restore flow. If material wealth is flowing into one's life, material wealth in some form should be flowing out of it at an equal rate. This reflects the Six of Pentacles drawn yesterday. Flowers from the Celtic Lenormand suggest beauty and joy; McCracken writes that we can "feel pleasure and happiness in the moment." Flowers like happiness don't last forever. Do I want to enjoy the good days to the fullest, or anxiously cling to the illusion that I can somehow dam them up? Being present to the flow of abundance or need is much more constructive.

4 comments:

  1. I traded my Navigators ages ago, will be fun to see you work with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it, gave it away, then got another copy. Guess I just wasn't done with it. :)

      Delete
  2. Maybe the charitable actions in your six yesterday brings for the the abundance of the ten of pentacles. That beautiful field of flowers reminds me to enjoy their fragrance and fleeting beauty, because nothing remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine any joy from having and not sharing. :)

      Delete