I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Sleight of Hand

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Medicine Man (Magician); from the Bird Cards, the Plover:
          Like the medicine man whose purpose is to heal, the booklet states that I need to do some internal rehabilitation: remove self-imposed limits and stop allowing my mind to complicate things unnecessarily. When the doors of the mind are open, the outer part of life will flourish too. In other words, if I can't envision a possibility or see any potential, then I'll never be able to manifest much of anything. The Plover is a shore bird that nests on the ground. It may pretend to sit on a nonexistent nest or to have a broken wing in an attempt to look vulnerable and lead the predator away from its eggs. The Plover represents distraction and deception (the shadow side of the Magician) and reminds me to keep my focus rather than be wowed by any sleight of hand.

6 comments:

  1. This Magician is out in nature, where the wind and the cleansing smoke of his pipe can blow freely through our cluttered minds! Shall I call "Action"!! for you too today :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I better cleanse my mind before you yell 'action,' lol!

      Delete
  2. The Magician, the buck, and the plover are all looking directly at you. Deep within ourselves there is no deception. We know what is true and right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right; if we look under our outer layers, the truth can generally be found.

      Delete
  3. our killdeer nest in our driveway, their eggs look like gravel. We've never seen a hatch yet, nocturnal creatures get to them first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be some that are successful somewhere; maybe they could send a telegram to yours. 😊

      Delete