I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Inner Responsibility

This week I'll be using the Cosmic Cycles Tarot, co-created and self-published by Martina Razo (author) and Miriam E.G. (illustrator). Paired with it will be Stasia Burrington's self-published deck, Magic Neko. Today's draws are the Wheel of Fortune and the Seven of Hearts:

When we understand that karma is based on volition, we can see the enormous responsibility we have to become conscious of the intentions that precede our actions.
—Joseph Goldstein

          Karma is neutral like gravity; both Hitler and Gandhi could walk off a ten-story building and they'd both go splat when they hit the ground. Humans, of course, judge karma to be good or bad based on the fall-out from their actions. They don't realize that their intentions create a response, which may be skillful or unskillful, and that response will trigger a reaction or consequence. This young girl has won some tickets that she thinks will change her fate. Sorry chickadee, but you'd be better off looking at your habitual patterns and making some different choices if you want something more than a temporary fix. The Seven of Hearts is associated with open-heartedness, a needed quality to embrace when we actually see how our pattern of choices has created much of our reality. There is no need for self-pity or self-flagellation, but self-compassion would be of benefit. The seed of happiness grows within us, and it can be nurtured each moment regardless of whatever else is happening.




6 comments:

  1. Makes me think tossing a pebble in the pond and the "ripple" effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a woman say once, when a child had been killed in a wreck, well, her dad got what he had coming. Ehh? Who got punished here? Folks are funny and I think today's idea of karma is mostly just mean think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. And who exactly gets served by defining karma that way is a question to be asked in those circumstances.

      Delete
  3. What we put out does have a way of showing up on our doorstep. Not as punishment but education. ie: this morning my washer acted up again, i got kind of huffy. Started the woe is me and then I stubbed my toe, spilt my drink down my front, shut the front door with my car key inside home and jammed my finger. Message received. Negative reflected back on me. Teach me it did, not punish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our mindsets can create our experience. Change our thoughts change our world.

      Delete