I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 22, 2022

Fixed vs. Flexible

From the Russian Lubok Tarot, Temperance; from the Marseille Oracle, Wisdom:

All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.
~Bruce Lee

The shoulder yoke on this lass implies that we must constantly adjust our stance and behavior based on each situation rather than having a fixed position. If my neighbor's dog runs loose and digs up my yard, I might speak to her about keeping her dog on a leash or in a fenced area. If that same dog is hit and killed by a car, she does not need my input on leashes or fences, she only needs my compassion. Wisdom suggests something more than the facts and figures of knowledge, which can be gathered simply through education and learning. Wisdom includes knowledge as well as other traits: a wide perspective, experience, and discernment - all of which form sound judgment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment