I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 29, 2022

Readied Position

From the Morgan Greer Tarot, Justice; from the Celtic Book of the Dead, the Wheel:


In all the years that I've used this deck, I don't think I've ever noticed Justice's foot peeking out from the bottom of her robe. It reminds me of the paintings and statues of  Green Tara that show one foot loosed from the lotus position - ready to take compassionate, wise action. We can have eons of intellectual discussions about what is fair, equitable and just, but nothing changes until these ideas are put into practice. The Wheel, with its emphasis on changing course, underscores this understanding. In the words of Barack Obama, "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."


No comments:

Post a Comment