I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

As Appropriate

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the Chariot; from the I Ching Pack, Hexagram 30 (Fire over Fire):

It's ironic that the Chariot has appeared today as I was supposed to be headed out of town but extremely bad weather and an injured, abandoned kitten have kept my wheels at rest. I feel torn by my mother's expectations (to show up no matter what) and my personal obligations (be safe, get the kitten stable). Hexagram 30, with keywords such as warmth and clarity, explains that we need to use our power in selfless ways. Ego would force a situation - go to keep the peace and people please or don't go at all and say "the hell with it." But the middle way, without attachments, would see what could be done without resorting to extremes. It suggests to be led by the light - receptive to seeing reality as it is - and then move (or stay) as is appropriate to the situation.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a nice, little kitten to help. Maybe if you and your vet can save him/her you could have a new family member? Judy (People for cats, we must unite!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor tiny thing will definitely lose an eye, but he is rallying!

      Delete