I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 5, 2023

Fidelity

From the Wayfarer's Tarot, the Queen of Air (Swords); from the Curious Oracle, the Orange Grove:

When I was a kid, I longed for my own set of World Book Encyclopedias. In my young mind, I imagined those books contained all the knowledge in the world. I had no idea that each set had to be reprinted each year to include new and updated information. This Queen of Air/Swords feeds her crows, a symbol of the way she feeds her own intellect and understanding in order to stay abreast of changes and discoveries. The Orange Grove represents fidelity, meaning (in this case) accuracy and exactness. An orange tree will not produce apples or cherries. In the same way, a rigid, obsolete understanding of the world is like an outdated, dusty set of encyclopedias. We may be comfortably attached to our ideas, but to live a useful life requires being fully aware of reality, not just the parts we prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment