I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Bridge Building in the Mind

From the Osho Zen Tarot, the Two of Clouds (Swords); from the A'HA Oracle, Dragonfly:

Decision is a risk rooted in the courage of being free.
―Paul Tillich

The term "schizophrenia" was first used in 1911 by Swiss psychiatrist Eugen Bleuler; it comes from the Greek roots schizo (split) and phrene (mind). Although Padma isn't referring to the psychiatric disorder, she is pointing out how making a hard decision can make our mind seem fragmented. It doesn't help matters when we are stretched between the past (that might happen again!) and the future (what if this happens?!). Dragonfly represents a deeper understanding that leads to transformation. How can we build this bridge of wisdom to help us make a decision in the present? Each plank might be formed by these questions:
  • How does each option stack up next to my core values?
  • Do I have enough knowledge about each option so that I don't have to make assumptions?
  • When I imagine myself having made a particular choice, how does it feel in my gut?
  • What techniques or practices can I use to calm my emotions so that my decision isn't hijacked?
  • Although the responsibility for my choice is mine, do I realize that making mistakes is part of what helps me to develop and mature?

No comments:

Post a Comment