I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Unpacking

From the Dark Mansion Tarot, the Hermit; from Miss Mai's Victorian Oracle, Corset:

The older I get, the less I know. It's wonderful - it makes the world so spacious.
― Swami Chetanananda

When I was in my teens and twenties, I thought I knew everything and rarely listened to advice. Fast forward to being in my sixties, and I now realize just how little I know. But that realization means I'm more willing to listen and learn with an open mind. The Hermit is the same way; his wisdom is hard-won from the knocks of life (though with a few pleasures too). When he is frustrated at the world, he recognizes it is a signal that self-reflection and contemplation are needed. Progress can be made when he stops focusing so much on what needs to be changed in the world and concentrates on his attitude and what needs to be changed in him. Corset represents suppression, and in this case suggests something we try to hide when we present ourselves to others. But there's only so much that can be stuffed in before it starts leaking out. The Hermit invites us to take a timeout for some mental and emotional unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment