I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Just a Cigar

From the Dark Mansion Tarot, the Ace of Cups; from Miss Mai's Victorian Oracle, the Stranger:

 It's often easy to see symbolism where none exists.
~Gene Tierney

When I pull my cards for my daily reflection, it can be easy to forget that sometimes what I see is as far as it goes. There is no need to imagine or ponder what each may represent. Today is one of many days of heat advisories that has been issued for our area this summer. High temperatures and high humidity (that keeps sweat from evaporating and cooling a person) create a dangerous situation. A large cup and a stranger ('caution') is likely just a reminder to stay hydrated as I go through a very busy day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment