I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, January 29, 2024

Sailing in Storms

From Tarot by Caro, the Two of Pentacles; from the Holitzka I Ching, Hexagram 57:

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship. 
~Louisa May Alcott

While a tempest rages, a woman mindfully balances the coins she holds. Her bare feet symbolize her groundedness: she manages her emotions wisely and stays in the present moment. Doing so allows her to see with clarity and be discerning in the choices she makes. Though her feelings shout loudly, like a seasoned first responder, she realizes what must take priority. Hexagram 57 is called 'Gentleness' and suggests we must be willing to bend to continue with our progress. We focus on surfing the waves rather than demanding things settle around us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment