I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Think Fun

From the Gaian Tarot, the Ace of Air (Swords); from the Goddess Oracle, Kuan Yin:

In filling the well, think magic. Think delight. Think fun. Do not think duty. Do not do what you should do—spiritual sit-ups like reading a dull but recommended critical text. Do what intrigues you, explore what interests you; think mystery, not mastery.
― Julia Cameron

There are reasonable ideas and solutions, and then there are great ones (which cannot be forced). This butterfly spent many days in the chrysalis before emerging - it had no choice but to go through the necessary process. In the same way, the information or answers that we seek must also go through a course of development. But instead of grasping at strategies and knowledge, we let our curiosity and imagination out to play. These will fill the well that what we seek can be drawn from. Kuan Yin's arrival encourages a focus on self-compassion rather than the goal of perfection, which will only stymie our quest. 


6 comments:

  1. I like that Ace, but don’t recall seeing it before. Intrigued by Thomas Cranmer, I bought a used copy of his biography by Diarmaid MacCulloch. It is coming from England, should take weeks to get here. Thus goes my quest….(Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a wide reading range. You'd do well on Jeopardy!

      Delete
  2. Julia Cameron is such an inspiration. I recently read her memoir "Floor Sample" and because of it have started the morning pages (again) that she recommends and that I stopped doing years ago. Unfortunately all they seem to be doing for me is providing a place for a brain dump; no creative writing is following. I'll keep them up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia has a book, “It’s Never Too Late to Begin Again” that meant a lot to me, and made a big difference in my attitude. (Judy, a fellow Canadian)

      Delete
    2. Sometimes a brain dump is not necessarily a bad thing - clears out the old to make room for the new. 😊

      Delete
    3. I'll have to check out that book , Judy!

      Delete