I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Feeling the Power

This week I'll be using the New Era Elements Tarot, created by Eleonore Pieper and published by U.S. Games. I'll also be using the Tao Oracle, created by Ma Deva Padma and published by St. Martin's Press. Today's draws are the Sun and The Gentle (Hexagram 57):

Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. 
―Oprah Winfrey

The Sun represents a power that energizes us and brings joy, creative growth and clarity. It's easy to get caught up in our daily duties and forget to lift our heads and look for what excites us. Yet even in our busyness, we can keep an eye out for that which inspires and stimulates us. As Ceri Evans explains, "Being internally driven feels different. Instead of feeling the weight of expectation coming down on us from the outside, we feel power flowing up from within." Yet The Gentle (Hexagram 57) encourages us not to get so excited that we inhale it in one bite. Instead, we go slowly and mindfully, appreciating each part while we maintain our clarity.   

4 comments:

  1. I love this deck, it depicts several awful things, but the Five of Earth with the monkey in a lab and the keyword Torment was too much for me. I don’t agree with such practices, we have no right as humans to torture other creatures. I couldn’t bring myself to buy the deck. So nice though to see this depth of thought and reality by a tarot artist/author. It’s rare today, most of the decks published recently are worthless candy, bound to give you mental cavities. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That card is disturbing. I was a Psych major, and when we were studying Skinner, we were supposed to train rats using either a reward incentive or a punishment incentive (shocks). I opted for rewards - I could not even entertain the other option.

      Delete
  2. I especially appreciate being introduced by so many decks I've never seen (not to mention your insightful readings, Beverly). I don't own many anymore, having given away dozens and kept only three. My favourite and most often used is still the one I learned on in the first place. Oh if only I were an artist! I once dreamed of the most beautiful deck ... and hoped I'd one day run into it, but it has never happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When a new deck comes in, an old deck gets passed on, which allows me to keep favorites while taking new decks for a spin. :) If you ever find that deck you dreamed of, let me know!

      Delete