I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Me Too

This week I'll be using three decks, all created by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm and illustrated by Will Worthington. The Druidcraft Tarot and the Druid Plant Oracle were published by Connections; the Druid Animal Oracle was published by St. Martin's Press. I've combined the two oracles and will be using them as one deck. Today's draws are the Star and Stag:

Taking care of myself doesn't mean 'me first.' It means 'me, too.
― L.R. Knost

When I saw the Star card this morning, I had the thought "what is poured out will be returned." But pouring out - as in giving of ourselves in service - is different from being drained and squeezed dry. The Star shows Ursa Minor in the night sky, a 'dipper' for scooping or receiving. It is time for rest and healing, a time to be refilled not only physically and emotionally, but spiritually as well. We must pause, reflect and listen to our inner wisdom and guidance that may have been ignored in our busyness. The Stag, which sheds its antlers in the autumn and regrows them in the spring, is a symbol of renewal and confidence as we make a new beginning. When we are whole again, our cup will naturally overflow.


No comments:

Post a Comment