I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Restorative Effects

From the Somnia Tarot, the Four of Swords; from the Spirits of Nature, Honeybee (Community):
Nature can have a calming and restorative effect, giving our mind a rest from the intense and mentally fatiguing focus and concentration required in much of our day-to-day lives.
― Noel Brick

Restful solitude, restorative sleep, and a space to breathe deeply are represented by the Four of Swords. Like the sleeping figure in this card, we all need to be able to lay down the boulder we carry and just relax. Relieving the mental weight we bear is an essential part of clearing our mind and allowing it some relief. Our ability to think and perceive reality with discernment depends on it. The Honeybee reminds us of the people with whom we associate and share common interests. I have found that when I am living in a constant state of stress, I need to be careful of the community I spend time with. Those folks who make me laugh, who point out what is beautiful, joyful or awe-inspiring can have the same effect as being in nature or a good night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment