I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Unlocked

 From the Cosmic Tarot, the Three of Cups; from the L'Oeil de Lotus, Man:

The body cannot lie. It will always tell the truth. ―Dr. Gabor Maté

Unlike the typical carefree dancing of the Three of Cups, here we see a slow, pensive dance. It might suggest freeing the body of emotions locked inside. As Maté explains, stress is just as much physical as mental; our bodies are intrinsically linked to our mind and emotions. Having trustworthy people that we can be vulnerable with may help release what binds us. The illustration for the Man card made me think of an opening line in a Spinners song: "Hand me down my walkin' cane, hand me down my hat." Though it speaks of going to a dance club, movement - walking, yoga, etc. -can be an aid when we attempt to deal with suppressed feelings. 

The quality of our relationships and the support we receive greatly impact our health.
―Dr. Gabor Maté

 


No comments:

Post a Comment