I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 9, 2024

The Unpredictable Path

This week I'll be using the Victorian Romantic Tarot, created by Alex Ukolov and Karen Mahony with Magic Realist Press as publisher. I will also be drawing from Dreaming in Color: the Luman Deck, created and self-published by Mindy Hope Sommers. Today's draws are the Hermit and Journey:

People will choose unhappiness over uncertainty.
― Timothy Ferriss

The Hermit represents a time of withdrawal in order to do some inner searching. It is a time of questioning: Do I react or respond to life? Am I mostly content, or do I constantly try to fill my life with people, possessions or busyness? What motivates me? Does my mind rarely stay in the present, instead dwelling in the past or future? Such an assessment helps us see our patterns and shows us how we got to where we are. We can then choose to continue our path or make some changes. While the water is visible in the Journey card, the path forward is a bit murky. Such is the way of the spiritual traveler - there is no certainty because the unpredictable path is the practice. Yet we can take Thich Nhat Hanh's advice to heart: “At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.”

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a review of the Dreaming in Color Luman deck way back in Nov/Dec 2004 that bounced around the Internet for a few years. I have one of the cards printed on a ceramic tile and displayed on a bookshelf. It has always been a favourite of mine. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a lovely deck, and I'm sorry to see it no longer in print. Even without keywords, the colors and images are evocative!

      Delete