I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, September 2, 2024

In All Forms

From the Fey Tarot, the Six of Pentacles; from the I Misteri della Sibilla, the Two of Spades (Older Woman):



It is the heart that gives; the fingers just let go.
~Nigerian Proverb

A giantess of the fey world releases manna for everyone without judging who might be worthy. Charity and goodwill usually wind up in the media these days, but generosity needs no glory. The feeling of joy from seeing others' joy is reward enough. The Two of Spades card reminds me of my own mom, who at 86 plans to drive here to see me this coming weekend. My husband has been having some serious health problems; I haven't felt comfortable being too far away from him, so we haven't seen each other in several months. Generosity comes in all forms - even a visit from one's mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment