I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Key Holders

From the Wild Unknown Tarot, the Hierophant; from the Pictish Oracle, Ogham:


Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. 
—Benjamin Franklin

At some point we all could use a mentor: someone who can help us embrace undiscovered talents, who can fill in the gaps in our knowledge, and who can point out our blind spots. Their job is not to make us a version of themselves but to help us become more whole. Yet such a relationship requires an open mind, not someone who thinks they're already an expert. On several Pictish stones are inscriptions carved in the simple lettering known as ogham. It brings to mind the phrase "learning your letters," a task of young school children. Time to humbly accept that key, apply some effort, and see what we've been missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment