I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Layers

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Absurd, created and self-published by Jessica Rose Shanahan. I'll also be using another self-published deck, the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk by Masha Falkov. The draws for today are the Page of Blades and Matrioshka:



I understand how a first impression is often just that: a quick snapshot that, on its own merit, is meaningless. —Adriana Trigiani

This sly, saucy Page has a mind as quick as lightning and a tongue as sharp as her sword. She is full of knowledge and likes to surprise people with how much she knows. Though she understands and collects information, it amounts to one grain from all the world's beaches. She has not yet grasped that what she wields isn't wisdom; it will take time and experience to learn to use it well rather than as a weapon or as an arrogant display. Matrioshka, or Russian nesting dolls reminds us that first impressions may not accurately give us enough information to judge a situation or person. We all have had days when we were stressed and reacted badly, or in the past, when we were young and cocky. Given some time, a fuller picture can be revealed, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment